Date:      Wed, 6 Oct 1999 23:53:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jaime Kikpole <jaime@malkav.snowmoon.com>
To:        Ralph Wiggum <tool_sucks@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: amount of space for a FreeBSD 3.2 installation

On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, Ralph Wiggum wrote:
> Ok..just got a quick question here.  How much space will I need for a full
> FreeBSD 3.2 install? I have the 4 CD set.

	That depends on what you mean by "full".  The base install of
FreeBSD itself is a GB or 2, I think.  Maybe 2.5 GB at most.  But if you
install all binaries, source code, XFree86 (source and binaries), and all
of the ports (without using a "cd /usr/ports ; make clean" command to get
rid of the left-overs) you could be looking at 6 GB or more.  This is
mostly a guess.  For what its worth, I've got the 3.2 source and binaries,
XFree86 binaries, and a lot of ports (though no where near all of them)
and my /usr partition has about 3.3GB in it.

						Jaime