Date:      Wed, 10 May 2000 22:20:08 +1000
From:      Jonathan Michaels <jon@welearn.com.au>
To:        jkoshy@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Including images in the documentation

On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 02:42:51AM -0700, jkoshy@FreeBSD.ORG wrote:

> > vector images.  Instead of storing EPS files in the repository we would
> > store the dia files, and generate the EPS from them at build time.
>
> I have two objections to `dia':

text deleted for brevity

> It would be even better to describe our figures in SGML :).  Do you know
> of any DTDs being used to describe figures and diagrams?

another related point ...

how are the disabled people who view these documents going to
be able to decipher teh mess that said document will become
when viewed through a text only interface ?

not every one has tommorrows hardware or can afford the
required screen deployment to view teh ever increasing (in
complexity and size) freebsd requirements.

as an aside ...

a freind of mine said to me upon some of teh recent changes
to freebsd "if i wanted microsoft size, complexity and
reliability i'd use microsoft product". i don't know if i agree
with him, yet, but it is getting that way.

regards,

jonathan