Date:      Sun, 16 Dec 2018 22:47:57 -0600
From:      Benjamin Kaduk <bjk@freebsd.org>
To:        Nikolai Lvovich <nikolaibitinit@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Willing to help with documentation

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 01:55:07AM +0530, Nikolai Lvovich wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I am new to the FreeBSD project (using since FreeBSD 11.1), and I use it as
> only desktop OS during my university research, for frankly, I am amazed by
> the quality and reliability of it, including the friendly handbook.
>
> However, I notice a few outdated info now and then in both
>

>    1. 1. FreeBSD handbook
>    2. 2. FreeBSD developer's handbook.
>

> I am willing to help the project by updating the handbook. Please let me
> know if you guys are interested in my request :)

Generally we are, with the caveat that getting volunteers to have the time
to look at submissions can require persistence and manual pestering.
You'll likely want to read
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/ and submit
some bugzilla entries
(https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=Documentation).
Feel free to hop on to #bsddocs on efnet as well, whether for
questions/discussion or to pester people to look at your patches.

-Ben