Date:      Thu, 17 Dec 1998 21:04:21 +1100 (EST)
From:      Jim Mock <jim@corp.au.triax.com>
To:        n9842643@cc.wwu.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: StarOffice-3.1 and Linux

On Thu, 17 Dec 1998, M. Cockrum wrote:

> Hi, I"m really new to porting software to FreeBSD and I'm trying to
> get StarOffice to run under FreeBSD.  I know it will work w/ Linux
> emulation, but I don't really know how to set it up.  I already
> unpacked the Linux emulation package from the CD, but when I try to
> run StarOffice's setup program, it tells me that I have the wrong
> version of UNIX.

Make sure you've got the linux emulation running.  An easy way of
doing is to check /etc/rc.conf and look for the following line..

linux_enable="YES"      # Linux emulation loaded at startup (or NO).

Make sure that's not set to NO.  Another thing you might want to do is
run /stand/sysinstall (as root), go to Configure, then Startup, and
make sure the linux box is checked.  Then reboot and you should see a
line saying linux emulation was started.  I forget what the exact text
of it is (I'd need to reboot), but it'll be around the part where it
says local package initialization.

Try StarOffice again and see what happens.

Hope this helps,

Jim

: Jim Mock			| [jim@corp.au.triax.com]	:
: System Administrator		| web: http://www.triax.com/	:
: Triax Internet Services	| ----------------------------- :
: Portland, OR USA		| FreeBSD: The Power to Serve	:
: Wagga Wagga, NSW Australia	| http://www.freebsd.org/	: