Date:      Sat, 02 Oct 2004 06:23:44 -0800
From:      Royce Williams <royce@alaska.net>
To:        Xavier Beaudouin <kiwi@oav.net>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netra X1 / FreeBSD 5.x / Network install ?

Xavier Beaudouin wrote, On 9/30/2004 7:48 AM:

> I am looking a way to install FreeBSD/Sparc64 using network... Because
> X1 doesn't have any CDROM or floppies and have to be installed using
> netboot (on OFW boot net <whatever>).
>
> Is there any place I can lookaround to modify a bit boot disk / mfsboot
> files to install using tftp / rarpd / bootparam or dhcp ?

Anthony Volodkin did a great writeup for this for Daemon News:

http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200301/sparc64-nfsroot.html

... and Anthony's boot loaders are here:

http://non-standard.net/freebsd/sparc64-nfsroot/

Murray's original FreeBSD/sparc64 5.0-CURRENT Installation Instructions
may also prove useful:

http://people.freebsd.org/~murray/sparc64/install.html

I used the boot loader from the installation CD, copied the entire CD's
contents to the appropriate directory, and netbooted.  Worked great.

-royce

Royce D. Williams                                    IP Engineering, ACS
personal: [first]@alaska.net                      PGP: 3FC087DB/1776A531
work: [first.last]@acsalaska.net             http://www.tycho.org/royce/