Date:      Thu, 15 Dec 2022 16:24:15 -0800
From:      Fred Finster <fred@thegalacticzoo.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org, Victor.Weinstein@microchip.com
Cc:        fredfinster58@gmail.com
Subject:   Would like to help you, Victor, with building FreeBSD 13.0 for Nitrogen8m ARM64 imx8 board

 From Posted FreeBSD-arm mailing list

https://lists.freebsd.org/archives/freebsd-arm/2022-December/002094.html

Hello Victor,

I am just a FreeBSD user,  I have experience creating an FreeBSD disk
image and a kernel image for Raspberry Pi 4B /w 8GB.  Give me a call  +1
971-718-9144 Anytime till 10pm PST would be fine.

https://ghostbsd-arm64.blogspot.com/2022/09/freebsd-140-compiling-kernel-for.html

Yes,  I don't have the specific information for the MX imx8 Nitrogen
Board, yet I believe I can help you with the details of building a
booting kernel and creating a disk image.  Which kind of disk type do
you wish to boot from?  USB Flash Disk,  USB 2.0 or 3.0 External case
with a SATA SSD or Hard drive inside?  Or other type like NVMe, or SD
card.   I assume UEFI  GPT partitioned disk.

Here is  a telegram group  ARM Open-Source (I am owner of this group)
you are welcome to ask/post questions,  share information pictures
https://t.me/+ST6N61pnu3Di8zgk .  If you prefer to be anonymous with
your activities, then just email me here.

Look forward to helping you, Victor.  What development platform do you
use?   t.me/GhostBSD/download  "latest" version.  Write to a USB Flash
drive stick.  Boot the live image ( needs 4GB of dram memory).   Add a
SSD 500GB, usb external or internal SATA or Nvme.   You will have GUI
MATE desktop on a GhostBSD.org ( downstream of FreeBSD kernel sources).

I  want to see FreeBSD running on your imx8 Nitrogen hardware. Will be
reading the links you shared in your post.

Respectfully

Fred

--

Fred  Finster