Date:      Wed, 08 May 2002 08:59:11 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za
Cc:        mraught@acm.org, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ok then stupid question about IBSS mode

In message: <200205070605.g47654P81869@zibbi.icomtek.csir.co.za>
            John Hay <jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za> writes:
: If the wpc11 use the Intersil firmware, you should do "wicontrol -p 0"
: and the rest should be the same. (I do not have a card with Intersil
: firmware yet, but this is what I learned when merging the OpenBSD
: "mediaopt ibss" stuff.) If it is using Symbol firmware, you need to
: use "wicontrol -p 4" and it can't be a master so the "-c 1" is useless.

That is correct.  For intersil (prism) cards with "recent" firmware
(0.8 or newer):
     -p 0	ibss
     -p 1	demo adhoc (lucent)
     -p 2	nothing
     -p 3	bss (access point)
     -p 6	won't work (hostap mode, needs kernel support)

Warner