Date:      Sun, 9 Sep 2012 18:48:13 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        kientzle@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   -current on BeableBone successful

Well, I have successfully booted FreeBSD-current on the BeagleBone:
FreeBSD beaglebone 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0 r240251: Wed Nov  2 14:26:08 PDT 2011     jmg@pcbsd-779:/usr/obj/arm.armv6/usr/src.HEAD/sys/BEAGLEBONE  arm

Though there are a few issues...  I'm using Kientzle's script to build
the bootable image, so one is related to his script, and the others are
more generic issues..

The first off is that for some reason, the uenv.txt file doesn't load..
I'm not sure what is wrong, but if I type in:
fatload mmc 0:1 0x88000000 ubldr;bootelf 0x88000000

manually, it boots fine...

The second is that it looks like we have some left over debugging in
SIOC[SG]IFMEDIA that we need to remove, and a fall through comment that
doesn't look like it is applicable any more... Should I just remove
these?

Third is that I get this error:
ip length 328 disagrees with bytes received 330.
accepting packet with data after udp payload.

This appeard to be from sbin/dhclient/packet.c...  Not sure exactly why
we are returning a large packet to userland...

Thanks for the work.  In a couple days, I'll figure out how well the
VLANs work on this system.

Thanks to Tim for his script that made building the image really easy,
and to the others for getting this working!

Oh, and as a nice surprise, I got a 4GB MicroSD card instead of the
2GB I was expecting..

P.S. Warner, don't forget w/ VLANs you turn a single ethernet port
into multiple! :)

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579