Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 2000 09:46:01 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>, FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Porter's Handbook category violations

On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 09:25:18AM -0400, Will Andrews wrote:
> > > relay/Makefile:CATEGORIES=      net security
> > > smbtcpdump/Makefile:CATEGORIES= net security
> > > sniffit/Makefile:CATEGORIES=    net security
> > > socks5/Makefile:CATEGORIES=     net security
> > > tcpshow/Makefile:CATEGORIES=    net security
> > > telserv/Makefile:CATEGORIES=    net security
> >
> > I have no complaints with these.
>
> Okay.  I'll take care of the CATEGORIES for the rest of them.

Many of these are also My ports.  Please do not touch them.  I don't feel
this has been fully discussed yet.  As I mentioned there is a debate if
Socks should be in 'net' or 'security'.  Since people may look in either,
I strongly feel it should remain in both.  But it is not my port, so go
convience the maintainer it is a good change.

I also feel that people think of sniffers as both network diagnostic
utils and as security (IDS) tools.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)