Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 13:49:09 -0600
From:      Randall Stewart <rrs@cisco.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCTP code for FreeBSD

Hi:

I have put together IPV6/IPV4 code for SCTP in FreeBSD. I
am entering the final stages of testing and I would like
to contribute this if I can...
-------------------
I have changes for
-------------------
in_proto.c (adds SCTP glue for IPv4)
in6_proto.c (adds SCTP glue for IPv6)
in.h (adds IPPROTO_SCTP :>)
icmp6.c - (changes the rate limiting function to be non-static so
            I can access it from the sctp6 code).

----------
new files
----------
sctp6_usrreq.c
sctp_usrreq.c
sctp.h
sctp_var.h
sctp6_var.h

Who should I contact too coordinate getting this in?

These changes work hand in had with a library that
I would also like to submit... but I am also thinking of putting
together a socket shim layer to hide this library... but I
think this must wait due to my cycle availablity :0

I also have some updates I would be willing to share to
the an driver. I have re-written parts of it to conform to
the specification for the 4800.... if someone is interested....

<Note I still have a tiny bit of testing yet to do... I
 have not verified the P-MTU discovery on IPv4... I intend
 to do this next week>

(Also, if someone has a .emacs setup so I can set a free-bsd style
 in I would appreciate a copy... I figured out how to get a style
 into the list of c styles but for some fun reason I can't get it
 to be my default and worse every time I open a new file it
 changes back to gnu style :<, being no lisp expert I have given
 up for now .. )

Thanks for your help and advice....

Randall R. Stewart
Systems & Solutions Engineering