Date:      Sat, 18 Aug 2012 22:27:41 +0300
From:      Pavel Bychykhin <pavel.priv@hte.vl.net.ua>
To:        Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Some of ZFS ACLs doesn't work as expected

18.08.2012 21:24, Rick Macklem пишет:
> Pavel Bychykhin wrote:
>> Dear community!
>>
>> After my experiments with ZFS, I concluded, that permissions
>> "delete_child" and "delete" are ignored.
>> For the create/update/delete operation a list of "rwxp"
>> (read_data/write_data/execute/append_data) is fully sufficient.
>>
>> No need to specify the "delete_child" and "delete" permissions at all,
>> or I don't understand something?
>>
> I'm no acl expert, but I'm not sure anyone knows what "delete" means for
> a POSIX fs that supports multiple hard links. Those ACL flags are in NFSv4
> to make them windows compatible.

I checked the windows compatibility with help of SAMBA: "delete_child"
and "delete" is really mapped to corresponding NTFS permissions. But
this mapping was ignored when I tried to delete a file.
I have no idea, why these two permissions supported by FreeBSD. May be,
it's a simply non-working clone from Solaris, where it's permissions
really works.

--
Best regards,
Pavel