Date:      Sun, 13 May 2012 21:54:57 -0700
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Ask_Bj=F8rn_Hansen?= <ask@develooper.com>
To:        Daniel Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 8.3-PRERELEASE and ATA_CAM

On Apr 6, 2012, at 0:48, Daniel Braniss wrote:

> with the latest svn, I can't compile kernel with  options ATA_CAM:
>=20
> linking kernel.debug
> ata-disk.o(.text+0x93): In function `ad_init':
> /r+d/stable/8.3/sys/dev/ata/ata-disk.c:389: undefined reference to=20
> `ata_setmode'

I ran into this, too (on 9.0).

In my kernel config I include GENERIC and then have a bunch of (mostly) =
nooptions, nodevice to get a smaller kernel.

To make it compile after updating /usr/src to the latest STABLE (from =
9.0-RELEASE) I added

option         ATA_CAM
device         da

nodevice ata
nodevice atadisk

... but this makes the boot loader unable to find/see any partitions at =
all.

What devices am I missing?   I am booting from a compact flash ata =
interface on Soekris and PCEngines Alix boards.

Ask=