Date:      Mon, 6 Feb 1995 18:49:13 +0100 (MET)
From:      j@uriah.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        Pat_Barron@transarc.com
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD with Bustec BT-542B SCSI interface

As Pat_Barron@transarc.com wrote:

| Has anyone successfully gotten FreeBSD working with a Bustec BT-542B
| (Adaptec AHA-1542B clone) SCSI adapter?

All my problems went away with the following steps:

. use the bt driver,
. disable ISA DMA emulation from the EISA setup,
. configure the board to use level-triggered interrupts, and
. configure my board to use an ISA clock close to the standard 8 MHz
  (it's been 6 MHz before due to a bad floppy controller, but the
  Bt 742 refused to work at this clock)

--
cheers, J"org                             work:      --- no longer ---
                                          private:   joerg_wunsch@uriah.sax.de