Date:      	Wed, 22 Apr 1998 08:25:10 +0200
From:      Frank Ederveen <frank@our.domaintje.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   swap-pager: I/O error, could this really be hardware failure?

One of our servers crashed last night, now it is spitting out lots
of this on the console, send brk won't help me get into the debugger
put the macgine is still pingable. Someone is going over now to hook
it up to a remote powerswitch:

spec_getpages: I/O read error
vm_fault: pager input (probably hardware) error, PID 1 failure
swap_pager: I/O error - pagein failed; blkno 4232, size 8192, error 5
vm_fault: pager input (probably hardware) error, PID 3147 failure
vm_fault: pager input (probably hardware) error, PID 17830 failure
spec_getpages: I/O read error
vm_fault: pager input (probably hardware) error, PID 1 failure

The machine is a Ppro-200, 256Mbyte running 2.2.6-stable, March 31st.
Should I replace the memory? I seem to recall that this happened once
before, a few months ago. It's an Asus mainboard with 440FX chipset.
I am not sure about parity.

Regards,

Frank Ederveen