Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 1999 10:07:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      Joss Roots <osiris2002@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD & Other OSs-Compatibility Layer Test Algorithm

Hi there;
Is there a document on how to test the FreeBSD
compatibility layer for other operating systems ?

I know that FreeBSD has the power to run;

1. dos programs
2. windows programs
3. BSDi programs
4. Linux Programs

but can it run other OSs binaries, like
SunOS, MacOs, BeOS, HPunix, NetBSD, etc....

I want some FreeBSD guru to point us to:

EXACT, and ACURATE way to:
1. know which version of which OS we can run bins
from
2. where to grab (at least) a single bin for
each.
3. FreeBSD Kernel configuration needed
4. locations of supposed bin, lib, etc on the
FreeBSD machine to make things run smooth.
4. permissions that don't break any security
things,  or crash anything.
5. Any other OSs that FreeBSD is planning,
or currently developing or considering.

Any Feedback on such docs or URLs is greatly
appreciated.
thanks  in advance.

=====
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.