Date:      Mon, 27 Feb 2012 21:49:15 +0100
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Beat_G=E4tzi?= <beat@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Olivier Smedts <olivier@gid0.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.org>, gecko@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: www/firefox and mail/thunderbird localization

On Feb 20, 2012, at 5:50 PM, Olivier Smedts wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> Has anything changed recently regarding Firefox and Thunderbird
> localization / global extensions ?
>=20
> Since Firefox 10.0 I don't have localized menus anymore.
> % ls /var/db/pkg/ | grep firefox
> firefox-10.0.1,1
> firefox-i18n-10.0.1
> % grep 'WITH_' /var/db/ports/firefox-i18n/options
> WITH_LANG_FR=3Dtrue
> % grep 'general.useragent.locale' =
~/.mozilla/firefox/*.default/prefs.js
langpack-fr@firefox.mozilla.org
langpack-fr@thunderbird.mozilla.org
lightning@thunderbird.mozilla.org
> drwxr-xr-x  12 root  wheel  12 14 f=E9v 12:38 symlinks
>=20
> Any advice ?

I had some time to take a look at it. When extracting the content of the
xpi into the corresponding directory in /usr/local/lib/xpi/ the =
langpacks
are working again. In the past we created a jar file out of the locale
directory because the content differs between each langpack and it was a
very time-consuming task to update all the langpacks:
${LOCALBASE}/bin/zip -r ../$$lang.jar locale; \

Unfortunately it looks like this does no longer work=85

Currently I'm looking for a solution to extract the xpi as it is and
dynamically generating the plist in the ports Makefile.

Beat=