Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 02:28:49 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        "Andrew C. Hornback" <hornback@wireco.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Skewed SA Mag article (was RE: Some ona knows about this?, opinions please! SAMA article.)

Andrew C. Hornback <hornback@wireco.net> types:
> One last thing... who in their right mind is going to run that many
> different OSes in a production environment?

Anyone trying to develop multi-platform software. Standard practice
where I've been is that the developers of the version for platform X
ran platform X. The only place I've ever been that kept track of such
things counted something like 100 different platforms.

> Two versions of Solaris,
> Windows 2000 and NT, RedHat (which can be an administration nightmare in and
> of itself alone), and OpenBSD.  Six different platforms... talk about
> insanity.

I run almost that many on a single box. No big deal.

	<mike