Date:      Thu, 4 Nov 1999 14:40:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        Bernie Courtney <courtney@bsd.z100.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Disk Partition

On Thu, 4 Nov 1999, Bernie Courtney wrote:

> Hey everyone...
>
> 	When I set up my BSD 3.2 box it installed everything on a 2GB hard drive-
> just after that, before I put it online, I thought that I would need more
> drive space, so I ran Symantec's Ghost program and cloned the 2 GB drive
> onto an 8GB HDD.  The machine works fine, the only problem is that the bsd
> box only see's the original 2 GB of space...how can I tell it that there is
> another 6GB out there if it only looked for it :-)??

The "post install config" in /stand/sysinstall is good for partitioning
a disk in FreeBSD.

run /stand/sysinstall,
choose:
   x x c Configure    Do post-install configuration of FreeBSD           x x
then:
  x x F Fdisk            The disk Slice (PC-style partition) Editor       x x
add a new partition, then exit the screen and choose:
  x x L Label            The disk Label editor                            x x
add your new slices and hit 'W' to write out, make sure you specify
an empty directory so sysinstall can mount your new disk.

don't forget to update /etc/fstab

-Alfred