Date:      Wed, 22 Sep 1999 20:34:08 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Guess Who..." <ptacek@mcn.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Laptop questions:

I just got FreeBSD 3.2 installed on my laptop and am trying to get the
pccard stuff working. I added the pccard stuff to the kernel and enabled
it in rc.conf. However my ethernet card is not being found. I added the
card to the pccard.conf file but when the laptop is started it says:
/kernel: Card inserted, slot 0
/kernel: Card inserted, slot 1
pccardd[70]: Ether=00:00:00:00:00:00
pccardd[70]: Resource allocation failure for Eiger labs,Inc.
pccardd[70]: Resource allocation failure for PCMCIA
pccardd[70]: pccardd started

I have a CTX ezbook 772MTK, 3GB HD, 72MB RAM.
The network card is an Eiger labs,Inc
  EPX-10BT PC Card Ethernet 10B

The modem is a 56kflex Fax/Modem

I added the following to /etc/pccard.conf

# 56kflex
card "PCMCIA  " "K56flex Fax/Modem  "
	config  0x23 "sio2" 3
	insert  echo K56flex Fax/Modem inserted
	remove	echo K56flex Fax/Modem removed

#EIGER LABS
card "Eiger labs,Inc." "EPX-10BT PC Card Ethernet 10B"
	config  0x1 "ed0" 10
	ether   0xff0
	insert  echo Eiger labs Ethernet inserted
	insert  /etc/pccard_ether ed0
	remove  echo Eiger labs Ethernet removed
	remove  /sbin/ifconfig ed0 delete

Thanks,
   Chris