Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 1998 12:34:04 +0100
From:      Alex Knowles <alex@targeting.co.uk>
To:        "Freebsd-Questions (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   newbie setup

Hi first post etc etc I hope this is to the right place!
I'm about to set a new server system for the company i work for and was
planning to set a bsd box to run the web server/internal file server/print
server.
At the moment a nt box handles (ish!) all this, and i want to keep this as
an outlook server for mail etc.
Can anyone forsee any problems with this plan? the office uses nt and
mac. I have previously used redhat (this is probably a dangerous
admission to make on this group!!) and I know that it can only see fat16
on internal partitions, but it would be ok to use smb to see nt folders
(i hope this is ok!).
so acouple of questions:
	will Nt be able to read files stored on the bsd box and vice versa
	will macs be able to do the same (particularly g3's)
	will an nt outlook server be able to run in parallel
	we also want to have an automatic dat backup, can anyone forsee any
problems/software we need etc. or is it easier for an nt box to do this ?
and then hardware compatibility:
I shall probably have the following spec:
PII 450 or 350
adaptec 2940 UW SCSI controller
9 Gig Fast wide SCSI Hard drive
100 Mb/s 3com network card
S3 Virge Graphics card
Connected to an optic line via a 3com router
I'm really sorry this post is so long.
and thanks alot in advance.
alex