Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 1998 18:51:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        mvh@netcom.com
Cc:        john@www.cas.unt.edu, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 'Code Freeze'

 * One more pet peeve - can the binaries for the ports be left on
 * cdrom.com at least until the next release?  I've lent CDs to people
 * who aren't up to going -stable yet, and a remarkable number of the
 * ports can't be built because the binaries can't be fetched.

This is news to me.  I've been trying very hard to keep the distfiles
for at least one release prior to the current one up there for ftp.
For those that have the same filename and different checksum, there is
little we can do about, but I'm confident something like 98% (to grab
an arbtrary number out of think air) of the distfiles on
ftp.freebsd.org are correct.

Please let me know which one if there are any that's missing.

Satoshi

P.S. Did you tell your friends that they can mount the CDROM as
     "/cdrom" and have the distfiles fetched from there? :)