Date:      Thu, 12 Oct 2000 00:34:57 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Boll_Overgaard?= <soren@overgaard.at>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   potential hardwareerror

Hello

Being new to FreeBSD I am not quite sure what to do about this error I am
getting on my gateway box.
Its a P2 350 Mhz on an Asus MB, and I get rather peculiar errors.
I hooked the box onto a 100 Mbit lan, but whenever I put load on the ethernet
interface I get a vm_page_something error (I realise not giving th complete
and correct error is somewhat lame, but I have no monitor on the box, and
the error isnt printed to root if the connection is made via ssh) After a few
of those the kernel crashes and automatically reboots after 15 seconds.
I can do updatedb's on the box, so apparantly its not a general I/O problem
with the disks.

I am running frodo 4.1.1-STABLE FreeBSD 4.1.1-STABLE #0. Any hints as to
what the problem might be would be greatly appreciated.

--
Søren O.

If Microsoft is the answer,
could we please have the problem back?