Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 95 19:54:52 -0600
From:      Michael S Burg <tranp@smtplink.mdl.sandia.gov>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sendmail.cf, cern_httpd, NIS, setup news server

Hi!

I am *new* to FreeBSD 2.0.5R.  I have not been working with
UNIX for more than 3 yrs.  Anyway, after installing FreeBSD
2.0.5, everything seems working for me (DNS, X11, and
networking) I have problems with "sendmail.cf" under FreeBSD
sendmail.  Does anyone can give me an example of copy of
"sendmail.cf", which works for your site?

My LAN is not on the internet, I downloaded the CERN_HTTPD
version 3.0 files "WWWDaemon.tar.Z" and
"WWWLibrary_2.17.tar.Z".  After fixing the uname, I try to
compile... and it looks for "libwww.a".  Would someone help me
to generate the libwww.a? or where I can get the binaries for
FreeBSD on Intel platform?

I try to setup NIS, and it failed.  I look into the
"Makefile", it has "yppasswd.master".  What is the purpose of
the file?

How to setup a new server on a FreeBSD Intel system?

Thank you for your help.  Please mail me the answeres at
"tranp@smtplink.mdl.sandia.gov" or "burgms@sandia.gov".

Thanks again,