Date:      Thu, 1 Feb 2007 16:07:20 -0500
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <alfred@freebsd.org>
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mapping interrupts to a particular cpu

On Wednesday 31 January 2007 22:33, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> Through source inspection it appears that we don't have interrupts
> running in the context of the actual interrupt handler unless they
> are truly "FAST".  (correct me if I'm wrong).
>
> That makes my decision a lot easier.  I will just use bind_cpu.
>
> If so, I will just use bind_cpu.

What is bind_cpu, sched_bind maybe?

If you want to bind interrupts to CPUs, look at
http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/patches/intr_bind.patch  It's tested and works on
i386 and amd64 and lets you bind interrupts to specific CPUs.  There is a
sysarch() to do it, so you can write a trivial userland app.  It doesn't
currently provide a way for userland to ask which interrupts are bound to
which CPUs.  I'm mostly waiting for folks to benchmark it to make sure it
isn't a pessimization.

--
John Baldwin