Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 1997 10:51:31 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu, mark@grondar.za, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Luigi's sound code not compiling?

> And the commit message was not that clear as to the impact to the
> driver till it was too late :(

May I ask where and when the select->poll change was discussed before
the commit ? Just to listen to the appropriate groups and avoid similar
problems in the future...

> Now next are third party hardware developers with drivers -- hope
> someone can reach them to tell them about this new wonderful
> feature.

I share the feeling... at the very least I wonder why the change has
not been made in a way to insure backward compatibility, e.g. without
changing procedure names and types, augmenting the values passed in
former "rw" (now "events") parameters, and making checks on the return
value more tolerant for old interfaces.

	Cheers
	Luigi