Date:      Sat, 23 Aug 1997 16:29:38 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        rmike@sbox.tu-graz.ac.at, kkrebs@best.net (Ken Krebs)
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 2920 SCSI Driver for FreeBSD

As Michael Ranner wrote:

> You can find the AHA 2920 SCSI driver sources on:
>
> http://www.sbox.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rmike/freebsd/
>
> The core driver source is extracted from the BSD Nomads PAO package
> See http://www.jp.freebsd.org/PAO/ for more info.
>
> This tmc18c30 source is ported from NetBSD/PC98 to FreeBSD an uses the
> scsi_low source from (dont know exactly) NetBSD because the SCSI low level
> source is different to FreeBSD.

Well, and this (sorry, Michael) is the reason why i've never committed
it to the FreeBSD tree, although i have promised so to Michael. :(

I'm fairly reluctant to import a second set of lower-level SCSI
routines into FreeBSD which is basically performing the same function
as we've already got elsewhere.  So if somebody would rewrite the
driver to use the FreeBSD bottom layer, this would be great.  (OTOH, i
assume Justin's current CAM work would make this obsolete as well,
sigh.)

Other than this, i can confirm that the driver is doing it fine, i've
once been testing it.

--
cheers, J"org