Date:      Wed, 21 May 2003 11:35:59 -0700
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@soco.agilent.com>
To:        "Jesse D. Guardiani" <jesse@wingnet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dual boot WXP + FreeBSD

"Jesse D. Guardiani" <jesse@wingnet.net> wrote:

> OK. That worked great. I now have a dual boot WXP SP1 and FreeBSD 4.8-REL dis
> k.
> Thanks!

     Just be warned that using the IBM WinXP recovery partition will
probably destroy the FreeBSD partition.  You'll probably want to do
regular backups.

[ For that matter, I've been thinking, and I'm not sure how useful the
  WinXP recovery partition really is.  It's certainly nice as a way of
  reinstalling WinXP (at the cost of any FreeBSD partition), but,
  personally, I think I'd rather have a full backup of my existing WinXP
  partition, so I wouldn't have to reinstall a lot of WinXP programs and
  data.  To this end, I've backed up my WinXP partition using DriveImage
  on a bootable CDROM, via LAN to another FreeBSD box running samba.  I
  don't know about the A30p, but the A31's LAN interface is an Intel
  Pro/100 or compatible -- it was very nice to discover that my bootable
  (DOS) CDROM w/DriveImage recognized my A31 LAN port.  It did take some
  effort to create the bootable CDROM, though.  ]

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@soco.agilent.com