Date:      Sun, 11 Mar 2001 23:55:42 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Alexey Koptsevich <kopts@astro.ioffe.rssi.ru>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   recover of failed vinum partition

Hello,

I would be extremely grateful for help!

I have simple vinum concat partition of two drives of different sizes, but
they reside on identical drives. One (the first) drive has crashed and it
is completely unavailable for the moment. Unfortunately I have made an
error when tried to revive partition and at the moment I have this failed
drive replaced by another vinum partition in the vinum configuration. This
partition has different size than the original (failed) one. Is there a
way to restore the part of the disc which resides on the drive which has
not crashed? I.e., is there a way to recreate the old vinum configuration
somehow and then carry out correct revival procedure? I know parameters of
the drive, they are identical to those which has not failed.

Thank you very much!
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Alex