Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 1999 13:18:37 -0500
From:      naief <naief@cyfari.com>
To:        "mike.sellenschuetter" <mike.sellenschuetter@bankofamerica.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sudo Logging

On Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 12:25:00PM -0500, mike.sellenschuetter wrote:
> Thank you for your suggestion.  I verified that the /var/log/sudo file did
> exist, and I hupped the daemon again.  I then tried a command with sudo.
> Afterwards, I checked the /var/log/sudo file and it was empty, and a tail of
> the /var/log/messages file revealed that logging was still being directed to
> the messages file.  Is their anything that I need to do to configure sudo?

  I am sorry Mike, my answer was wrong :-|, I should have read your
  message more carefully. My answer was a stock answer to a stock problem
  with syslogd, and that is not having the file to begin with.

  But you have to do this in syslog.conf
  !sudo
  *.*			/var/log/sudo

  you see sudo is not a standard facility, that is why you have to do
  this. So, go ahead  append this to the end of syslog.conf, hangup
  syslogd and have Fun!!! :-)

  Cheers,
  BBTG

Naief BinTalal         |  naief@cyfari.com