Date:      Tue, 4 Apr 1995 12:33:58 -0500
From:      rkw@dataplex.net (Richard Wackerbarth)
To:        nate@sneezy.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/i386/conf Makefile.i386

>But, *IF* both the src dist and /usr/include directories exist, the
>include files are pulled out of /usr/src/include if they exist and
>/usr/include next.  (Which should never happen since /usr/src/include
>should always contain all of the necessary include files which aren't in
>the /usr/src/sys tree)

I think that this is bogus behavior.

If a file is missing from /usr/src/include, I don't want it to be
"magically" found. Under your scheme, I will never be able to test a
distribution tree for completeness on my production system.

Further, a user who does not have the entire source distribution could
"create" the includes by either copying or linking in /usr/include.

Therefore, I think that your change MUST be retracted.

----
Richard Wackerbarth
rkw@dataplex.net