Date:      05 Mar 1998 17:03:00 +0100
From:      sperber@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de (Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor])
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compile failure on gctags

>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Timmons <skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu> writes:

Chris> Michael,

Chris> I didn't see it at first, but now I do: global is contribified
Chris> in -stable,

I'm new to -STABLE, so I don't know what that means or how to fix it.

Chris> so there shouldn't be ANY program source files under
Chris> src/usr.bin/global.

Can I just rm -rf that directory?

Chris> I just built it here without any problem.  The question is, what's up with
Chris> your sources?

Nothing.  I pulled src.tar off
/ftp.de.freebsd.org:/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-stable as per the Handbook
instructions.  Anything wrong with that?

Chris> I'm not sure how you are updating your sources, but you should
Chris> use CVSup.

I can't because there's a networking bug in FreeBSD 2.2.5 that
makes network writes fail (duly reported).   That's actually the
*reason* I want to compile stable at all---I have a faint hope it's
fixed there.  Catch-22 dadadadadaaaaaaaaaaaa

--
Cheers =8-} Mike