Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 2000 16:15:56 -0400
From:      Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3ware IDE Raid. SCSI killer?

On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 09:59:06AM -0700, Jason C. Wells wrote:
> But a simple adaptec card and vinum is 200 bucks. Greg's site (IIRC) pokes
> some wholes in the notion that a card is faster than software.

That may be true, but after Vinum made my life a living hell, I have
given up on the idea of software RAID in general.  I'd rather have a
dedicated piece of hardware.

(Vinum may be a very excellent piece of software now - it was a long
time ago when it destroyed my database, and I'm sure there has been a
lot of work done on it.  I've just gone off the idea in principle.)
--
Christopher Masto         Senior Network Monkey      NetMonger Communications
chris@netmonger.net        info@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net

Free yourself, free your machine, free the daemon -- http://www.freebsd.org/