Date:      Thu, 5 Jun 2003 19:43:37 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>
To:        jimd@siu.edu
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: i386-undermydesk-freebsd?

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 07:05:04PM -0500, jimd_NOSPAM@siu.edu wrote:
> What does "i386-undermydesk-freebsd" refer to? What is it used for? Is there
> an "i386-inthedrawer-freebsd", or "i386-intheXbox-freebsd"?

It is an in-side joke by some FreeBSD developers, that we keep alive on
the 5-CURRENT branch.  It isn't used in release branches.
It was started by Alfred Perlstein, and really came to life during the
sparc64 porting work:

<d00d1> I'm having a lot of trouble building world on my Sparc Ultra
<sparcguy> d00d1: you've got your ultra on your desk don't you?
<d00d1> yeah
<sparcguy> d00d1: that's an unsupported configuration, sorry

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)