Date:      Fri, 25 Jul 1997 09:12:44 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brandon Gillespie <brandon@roguetrader.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   open advfs-like fs?

Just curious, has anybody ever considered an open advfs-like spec?  I only
say this, because I seem to recall there were some problems with
implementing the actual advfs that made it not worth the effort
(copyright, or hard to get all specs, or some such).  With this in mind,
what about doing an open spec which would implement the same sortof
thing--perhaps even get the other free unix groups all involved (at least
in the spec :)

I for one would love to have the ability of advfs in FreeBSD.

-Brandon Gillespie