Date:      Thu, 22 May 2003 18:55:14 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.org>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Mike Schreckengost <mrpolitics@hotmail.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.1-BETA2 install results

--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 11:28:18AM -0400, John Baldwin wrote:
>=20
> On 22-May-2003 Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> > On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 07:10:24PM -0400, Mike Schreckengost wrote:
> > [...]
> >> I just performed a 'clean' install of 5.0-BETA2, and have encountered =
a few=20
> >> issues which may (or may not!) be considered as 'bugs'.
> >=20
> >> Issues encountered:
> >>=20
> > [...]
> >> 3) The 'krb5' and 'ports' distributions failed to install over FTP fro=
m=20
> >> ftp://ftp5.FreeBSD.org. I noticed in a prior post to this list that th=
e=20
> >> krb5 distro was folded into 'crypto', which appears to be correct. How=
ever,=20
> >> sysinstall still looks for 'krb5' separately and issues an error when =
it=20
> >> can't be found.
> >>=20
> > That's clearly still the case; attached is the patch.  Please someone
> > from re@ review and commit it.
>=20
> I have a similar patch already.  However, there is the remaining issue of
> the skrb5 distribution.  If krb5 is going to be removed, skrb5 needs to
> be fixed as well.
>=20
While it may seem confusing at a glance, it's okay (skrb5).
Example: we don't provide "share" distribution, but we have
"sshare" source distribution.  Similarly here, we don't
provide "krb5" distribution any more (it's part of the
"crypto" distribution), but we provide "skrb5" distribution,
in the same location as "scrypto" and "ssecure", in
${CHROOTDIR}/R/ftp/crypto/.

> Also, have you tested a release with this patch?
>=20
Since it only affects sysinstall(8), I just recompiled the
latter, and played with it for a bit on a running system.

Cheers,
--=20
Ruslan Ermilov		Sysadmin and DBA,
ru@sunbay.com		Sunbay Software AG,