Date:      Mon, 11 Nov 1996 16:06:05 -0400
From:      Harlan Stenn <Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com>
To:        Rob Schofield <rschof@mccomm.nl>, "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: After changing to an AHA2940 I can't boot the kernel.

Thanks for the response, guys.

I must be missing something here.

I know I went from an EISA board with a 174x to a PCI board with a 2940.

I'm not saying:

	The kernel is loading and it doesn't run

I'm saying:

	The kernel won't load.

I've tried to load/boot kernel.GENERIC and it doesn't work.

I've made a new kernel with both the ahb0 and ahc0 controllers in it,
and that won't load either.

I might even build a kernel with the aha0 controller in it so *maybe* I
can boot the PCI machine with both the 2940 and a 154x card in it
(although that 154x card has been flakey lately).

It looks like I'll get that SIO+IDE card today so I can at least boot
that PCI box from a floppy while using as few cards as possible.

Or am I missing something else?

Thanks...