Date:      Thu, 8 Jul 2004 16:10:21 +0200
From:      Thorsten Greiner <thorsten@tgreiner.net>
To:        Taku YAMAMOTO <taku@tackymt.homeip.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Native preemption is the culprit [was Re: today's CURRENT lockups]

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR

* Taku YAMAMOTO <taku@tackymt.homeip.net> [2004-07-08 15:31]:
> This patch is tested on P4@2.8GHz HTT-enabled machine.
>=20
> It has been running for several hours without a hang, although I have to
> admit that this machine is too idle, far from being stressed.

On my box I get these warnings:

Jul  8 15:56:46 tybalt kernel: ad0: WARNING - WRITE_DMA interrupt
was seen but timeout fired LBA=3D4063551
Jul  8 15:57:03 tybalt kernel: ad0: WARNING - READ_DMA interrupt was
seen but timeout fired LBA=3D19449983
Jul  8 15:57:30 tybalt kernel: ad0: WARNING - READ_DMA interrupt was
seen but timeout fired LBA=3D19981629
Jul  8 15:57:50 tybalt kernel: ad0: WARNING - READ_DMA interrupt was
seen but timeout fired LBA=3D11457711
Jul  8 15:58:22 tybalt kernel: ad0: WARNING - READ_DMA interrupt was
seen but timeout fired LBA=3D24073775
Jul  8 15:58:25 tybalt kernel: ad0: WARNING - WRITE_DMA interrupt
was seen but timeout fired LBA=3D25168335

This is while performing a background fsck. In this state the system
seems to hang, probably waiting for some disk i/o to finish.

Regards
        -Thorsten

--=20
Unix is user friendly, it's just particular about the friends it chooses.
=20
This message is digitally signed. To verify its integrity, download a copy
of GnuPG for your operating system from http://www.gnupg.org .

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR--