Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 01:34:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Denis DeLaRoca <delaroca@ucla.edu>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        Mikael Karpberg <karpen@ocean.campus.luth.se>, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FAQ: best currently supported sound card?

On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> > According to Luigi Rizzo:
> > >
> > > yes, but if you are unlucky you might get all unsupported cards...
> >
> > Speaking of which... do you have support for the AOpen AW37?
>
> i don't know the features of this card but we migth... could be a
> CS4238-based one (ISA PnP) ?

As per the Crystal blurb,

"The CS4235 is a single chip multimedia audio system that is
pin-compatible to the CS423xB for many designs. The product includes an
integrated FM synthesizer and a Plug-and-Play interface. In addition, the
CS4235 includes hardware master volume control pins as well as extensive
power management and 3D sound technology. The CS4235 is compatible with
the Microsoft Windows Sound System standard and will run software written
to the Sound Blaster and Sound Blaster Pro interfaces. The CS4235 is fully
compliant with Microsoft's PC'97 and PC'98 audio requirements."

Do you think it will work with the current version of the sound driver?

-- Denis