Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 1997 12:26:23 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        ady@earthling.net
Cc:        smp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: AHA 2940AU (aic7xxx) safe options

Hi,

> Hi, it's me again.
>
>   I need to know which of the AHC_* options are safe in the kernel
> config file; I tried one kernel and I got big problems (wrong netstat
> output, core dumps and finally a nice cold reboot). I'm not sure that
> the system doesn't support AHC options but rather my partitions are
> ruined in consistency matter speaking.

the last time I tried playing with them I successfully used:

options		AHC_TAGENABLE
options		AHC_SCBPAGING_ENABLE
options		AHC_ALLOW_MEMIO

I don't currently use any of them as I need to keep non-SMP things
as stable as possible so I can zero in on the SMP specific bugs.
Stated another way, trying to track -current/scsi as to which option is working
with which controller/disk is prone to my missing something and needlessly
chasing an otherwise known problem.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by