Date:      Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:47:15 -0500
From:      Alan E <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>, "Joe Marcus Clarke" <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD ports list" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ports/33777: samba WITH_CUPS pulls in cups meta-port, not    cups-base

On Friday 11 January 2002 09:41, David W. Chapman Jr. wrote:
> > On Friday 11 January 2002 02:10, you wrote:
>
> > I think you are right.  Although, that being the case, WTF is it linking
> > against libcups?
> >
> > Well, I guess my change needs to be backed out pending investigation of

> As soon as someone can tell me it works or it doesn't instead of "I think",
> I'll be glad to change this ot leave it alone for good.  I guess not that
> many people use CUPS.

It's broken without cups-lpr installed. Fsck.

My quickie test last night must've been too quick. Sorry 'bout the confusion.

Do the bento packages build with WITH_CUPS? If so, then you've inherited the
"piss off people who use CUPS vs. piss off people who don't" problem.

--
Alan Eldridge
Pmmfmffmmfmp mmmpppppffmpmfpmpppff PmpMpmMpp ppfppp MpfpffmppmppMmpFmmMpm