Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 1999 15:25:41 +0000
From:      Kerberus <kerberus@inetu.net>
To:        Victor Salaman <salaman@teknos.com>
Cc:        "'Poul-Henning Kamp'" <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, "'Scott Mitchell'" <rsm@acm.org>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, Colin Eric Johnson <colinj@cs.unm.edu>, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, David Kulp <dkulp@neomorphic.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: compatibility list

Victor Salaman wrote:

> My mail was not meant for anyone to get mad, forgive me if it sounded like
> that. I'm really happy with FreeBSD, it's just that I've seen how PAO died
> IMHO because FreeBSD would be adding native support, but the current PCMCIA
> support in 3.1 and 4.0 doesn't live to PAO's expectations (don't take my
> word for it, make a survey if you need to).
>
> And what I said about Linux and FreeBSD, well it's true, FreeBSD is a better
> product, but does the world know about this???? I see some kid hacking away
> at school, he's using Linux, not FreeBSD. We need to do something about
> this. If the truth hurts, so be it, I'll be damned.

First, look, everyone take a breather, FreeBSD doesnt compare to linux in any
form,except that it is also free, PAO may be stalled, and your not the only
person that suffers from this.... i have a 2.2.8 PAO compatible card that
worked, until i upgraded to 3.1, now it doesnt, but the cdrom in my CTX that
never worked even under 2.2.8 without locking up my laptop does work under 3.1,
Iask am I complaining and wasting core team memeber time with flames, Ummm no,
im simply seeking help, as so you should be also, as for the world and
knowledge of FreeBSD as compared to linux, that is only due to RedHat and their
marketing efforts, so maybe you should form your own company, and start
championing our cause for FreeBSD, linux may have more press, but as i see it,
people are starting to realize that FreeBSD is more robust and stable then
linux. so let linux forge the way, big deal, its not like the core team is
making money from their work. Back off, sit down and code your own driver, and
when your done with that you can code the one i need for my pcmcia card, stop
talking and start being productive with all this negative energy you put forth,
damn you could have probably already written the darn drivers. ive said enuff,
so either seek help nicely, or code it yourself, and leave the core team
memebers alone, they dont need any more stress then they already have.

TIA,
just an opinion......

Kerberus