Date:      Fri, 30 Jan 1998 11:07:50 -0600
From:      "Stuart Wogsland" <stuart@tcccom.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   How can I run INN faster?

I was introduced to Freebsd and Unix administration 9 months ago.  I have
learned a lot, but I need some help from this group.  I need to run news a
lot quicker on our system.  I have a couple of fullfeeds and my system seems
to refuse a high number of articles.  I've been reading the mailing list and
some people recommend I change the priority of innd.  We have taken the
advice on stripping the drives, but I still don't get the performance I'm
looking for.  Could someone please tell me what the process would be to
change the priority of a process?  I've been reading about renice, tried it,
but still doesn't give me the result I'm looking for.  Any other tips to
make my news servers that we receive the fullfeeds faster would be greatly
appreciated.

Stuart Wogsland
stuart@tcccom.net