Date:      Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:24:53 +0100
From:      Anthony Ginepro <anthony.ginepro@laposte.net>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: -O2 compiler bug on amd64? (Re: new TCL vs. current-6)

Le Mardi 14 d=C3=A9cembre 2004 =C3=A0 13:39 +0100, Alexander Leidinger a =
=C3=A9crit :
> Zitat von Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>:
>=20
> > > Peter speculated a problem when the world is built with -O2 (with or
> > > without -fno-strict-aliasing).  I haven't been able to confirm this b=
> > > testing with a world built with -O, because I only have one working
> > > amd64 package builder.
> >
> > Looks like building the port against an -O world has fixed the
> > problems.  This suggests a compiler bug with -O2 on amd64.
>=20
> I "hope" this is the case, not only on amd64. Background: I see coredumps
> of gst-register on my system (x86). I've recompiled all ports, with and
> without -Os, with and without -fno-strict-aliasing, but it still
> segfaults. I also recompiled world with "-Os -fno-strict-aliasing" instea=
> of my usual "-Os". I haven't tested plain "-O" for the world yet, but I
> think the problem is somewhere in the system libs...
>=20
> Bye,
> Alexander.

Some more information :
gst-register coredumps if gstreamer-plugins is compiled with CPUTYPE=3Dp4.
eclipse also coredumps if gtk2 is compiled with CPUTYPE=3Dp4.
Both ports don't depend on optimization level (-O2 or -O).

Anthony.