Date:      Thu, 6 Sep 2007 18:45:41 +0100
From:      RW <fbsd06@mlists.homeunix.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linuxulator and SSE

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 19:53:14 +0200
Svein Halvor Halvorsen <svein.h@lvor.halvorsen.cc> wrote:

> Hello, list!
>

> I'm trying to get Bibble to run under the Linuxulator on FreeBSD,
> but it keeps complaining about missing SSE support.

I'm seeing the same sort of thing with an AMD64 (i386). dmesg
shows SSE, but cpuinfo doesn't

$ cat /compat/linux/proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 7
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 2800+
stepping        : 10
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 b19 mmx fxsr xmm b26
cpu MHz         : 1802.32
bogomips        : 1802.32 18:40 (bob) ~ $ dmesg |grep sse
18:41 (bob) ~
$ dmesg |grep -i sse
  Features=0x78bfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2>