Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:36:37 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
Cc:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FBSD 5.0 diskless environment does not work!

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 03:43:52PM +0100, Hartmann, O. wrote:

> Possibly I should repeat in short terms what I did when 'migrating'
> from the working 4.X diskless system to the 5.0 system.

I think some of the directory layout needed for diskless nfs booting
was frobbed by dillon a few months ago (I had some trouble updating my
diskless machines past this change, although I think that was mostly
because of a typo in his commit that went unnoticed/untested for a few
months).  Compare your previous installation to the comments in
rc.diskless (and I presume, the manpage).

Kris

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5--