Date:      Thu, 21 Jan 1999 17:59:45 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Craig Brannigan <cb@xtra.co.nz>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   SMP (was: Read your book,...)

[Format recovered at freebie.lemis.com]

Please limit your text lines to less than 80 characters.  One line per
paragraph is completely illegible.

On Tuesday, 19 January 1999 at  9:55:21 +1300, Craig Brannigan wrote:

> Sorry to intrude upon your life like this but I am in need of some (
> i think ) simple help and am unable to find what I am looking for (
> probably more of a lack of understanding ) on the net.

That's what FreeBSD-questions is for.  Please send your questions
there, not to me.  I'll still answer them if I have the time.

> I have a Unisys p100 Quad processor box but FreeBSD is only using
> one processor instead of the four available.

Hmm.  I wonder if there's something special about this system.  What
does the dmesg output look like?

> I am looking for a how-to or other such help to get me on my way,...
>
> I am using FreeBsd 3.0 from the november release of the Walnut Creek
> CDRoms,....But the web site seems to think that 2.2.8 is the current
> release,...have I installed the wrong version??

Oh.  Yes, there are currently two versions.  3.0 is the one you want,
since 2.2.8 doesn't support SMP.

Greg