Date:      Tue, 10 Nov 1998 21:58:40 -0800
From:      Everett F Batey <efb@cotdazr.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Everett F Batey <efb@cotdazr.org>
Subject:   What If New Disk 227, Old 205

Suppose, I take SCSI_0 off line, the root, usr, ... disk on my 2.0.5
freebsd host and mount a new disk as SCSI_0, build on 2.2.7.

Then when part way there, I reboot after addressing the 2.0.5 as SCSI_1.

Should I expect (1) to peacefully read the old disk partitions upon
mounting, (2) have bad or unpredictable results from the old file
system, (3) trash the old file system ?

Thanks for the thoughts ...

--
 + http://www.vhwy.com  efb@vhwy.com  --- WA6CRE --- http://www.cotdazr.org +
 + Short Voice Text Message:  888 522-VHWY (8499)   or  Beep:  805.655.2017 +