Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 1995 18:31:34 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Paul Richards <p.richards@elsevier.co.uk>
To:        nate@rocky.sri.MT.net (Nate Williams)
Cc:        nate@rocky.sri.MT.net, FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ppp

> It does is you put it into a tight loop. :)
>
> while `true`; do
>     /usr/sbin/pppd sri.MT.net:micgate -detach \
>         connect 'chat -v -f /etc/ppp/ppp0/chat' $DEVICE 115200
>     # If we fail, wait a little while for the line to settle down
>     sleep 15
> done

Umm, that's going to re-dial as soon as the line drops isn't it? That's not
dial on demand. Dial-on-demand saves my phone bill by only keeping the
line up while I'm actually using it. Remember we pay by the minute in
Europe, letting the line drop when it's idle is kinda important.

--
  Paul Richards. Originative Solutions Ltd.
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1225 447500 (work)