Date:      Fri, 4 Nov 2022 01:07:31 -0400
From:      grarpamp <grarpamp@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, info@freebsdfoundation.org
Subject:   Re: Crypto Donations (was: Re: What is the status of the FreeBSD development process now?)

>> Unfortunately FreeBSD still does not
>> accept any donations via cryptocurrency.
>> Nor has FreeBSD community yet participated in any
>> crypto crowd funded code dev/bug/doc etc bounties.
>> The world is moving there, others are already making
>> good use of them, best get on that, have fun :)

> [seems to be] good policy on the part of
> the foundation (not accepting donations via crypto).

No, they've probably never even given it serious consideration,
let alone any consultation or demo, nor set any 'policy' on it.

Is it really good 'policy' to flat out ignore the growing
$1 - $3 Trillion mktcap base of potential donors? No!

Donors who by the very nature of opensource crypto recognize
the power of opensource upon which it must and does stand,
but who hardly yet have any opensource OS they could donate to.
Let alone one that might ever reach out and collab through noting:
"The Power To Serve... use and HODL... Crypto" ;)

Do you really think getting BSD running on phones and
devices to put secure open wallets and scalable servers,
services, trade engines, analytics, blogs, etc on would
not attract any funding at all?

That having more cryptocurrencies and such tools in
ports and packages would not attract users and funding?

That no devs would post or collect bounties?

That no hardware funds would ever magically appear
on doorsteps in response to request?

And whatever else...

Ever hear of Sean's Outpost or Pineapple Fund?

Wake up to the possibilities mate :)

> no apparent benefit as far as I can see

youtube search: benefits of cryptocurrency

Do you even wallet with coins, ever tx, bro?
Hardly one can see without first trying that.

> extreme volatility

Typical anti argument, lol. Don't like to hodl or spend in the economy,
no worries, just sell it for Fiat and close your eyes to any upside.
Nevermind that all your beloved Fiats are horribly volatile straight
down the purchasing power crapper compared to even gold, some
Fiats of which haven't even been in existance as long as crypto has,
many of which will die while crypto lives on, improves, and adopts.

https://fee.org/
https://mises.org/

FreeBSD foundation has already lost tens of percent on Fiat to inflation,
and if invested, to central bank, tax, friction, graft, stripe, and
other nonsense.

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/inflation-charts

https://archive.org/details/TheCreatureFromJekyllIslandByG.EdwardGriffin

Wake up.