Date:      Sat, 13 Feb 2010 11:09:02 +0100
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely7.cicely.de>
To:        alan bryan <alanbryan1234@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3@amdmi3.ru>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
Subject:   Re: NFS write corruption on 8.0-RELEASE

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 04:08:55PM -0800, alan bryan wrote:

> [...]

You might be able to see NFS flooding with:
Write file on client.
rm the file during the write on the server.
The client now gets IO-errors, but keeps trying forever.
Maybe it depends on the mechanism the client application uses to write
the file.
I never reported because my client is an old 7.0-stable system.
I originally noticed it when downloading files with seamonkey on my
client and mv it on the server to another partition before it was
completely downloaded.

--
B.Walter <bernd@bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de